Monday, January 4, 2010

Just for fun!

With all of the snow and sick kiddos keeping us indoors Michael and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to have fun inside. So we decided to create a mural in Emry's bedroom. Michael's talent amazes me. Neither one of us can draw a straight line, but we didn't let that discourage us. We created a fun little game where we scavenged the house in search of geometric shapes we could trace to make flowers, trees, mushrooms, butterflies...everything in the mural was traced somehow. I think that it is funny that we almost couldn't stay up until midnight on New Years Eve, but this project kept us up easily until 3am. Sunday morning. Thank-you Kaylee for coming up and showing us how it is done. I love the thought of Emrys little imagination being sparked every time she wakes up to her very own meadow.



10 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

That is so cute. Good job you guys.

Unknown said...

That is too cute! You guys did a great job! Love all the pics on the blog and grandma loves looking at them too! Love you guys!

Coil Fam said...

Wow! It turned out so amazing. You and Mike did a fantastic job with the little details. Emry is so lucky to have such a talented mom and dad.

Anonymous said...

that is so cute. Great Job!

The Perks of Life! said...

Soooo cute! You guys did such a great job! I am very impressed. I can't wait to see it in person. You can tell that Em loves it. I love that Suki (I don't know how you spell her name, sorry) finds the small strip of light coming through the window. Your house sure is coming together!

Shay said...

Hello, that is amazing, Porter says it is very rainbow-ee. Great team work!! and I love the last pic with Emry sitting by the wall in her chair.

eve said...

you are kidding me! DEERY LOU!!
i love it.
you guys are so awesome.
now what am i going to do if i don't get a girl??

Chris and Aubrey said...

Absolutely adorable. I want a room like that. What an awesome job. Can't wait to see it in person.

Marzipan said...

Oh I LOVE it!! What a fun and fabulous idea!!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Erin, that is an amazing wall! You guys did a fantastic job! Maybe a small side job of painting kiddos rooms could be in your future???? :)