Monday, September 27, 2010

Wyoming

A couple of weeks ago Michael was about to lose some vacation days if he didn't use them....so we had a week long "stay"cation with him. I loved having him home with us from morning till night everyday! At the end of the week we traveled up to Wyoming for the grand opening of the elementary school that he has been working on all year. The school was very impressive, looked more like a ski lodge to me than an elementary school. Matthew and Kaylee met us up there too, it meant a lot to us that they came and we had a great time with them!



That is the school behind us, I can't believe that is only for grade K-6

Patiently waiting for the ribbon ceremony



The girls loved climbing all over this fence, there was bark spread all around the trees inside of the fence and it smelt AMAZING




Amelia worked all night on this hair do:)




The second day we were in Wyoming we went on a hike with Matthew and Kaylee up in the mountains. It was BEAUTIFUL!







While at a look out point we saw a little chipmunk, it was so funny. I don't know who screamed louder, Amelia or Kaylee!





Emry did everything she could to lure that cute little chipmunk to her







Finally it was patience and a pringle that worked








All ready for the hike








Grandma was so sweet to walk at Emry's pace with her




Kaylee braving the treterous downhill terrain



We had a picnic at our half way point, I thought Amelia looked so cute sitting on a log eating her lunch


Grandpa let Emry explore with his binoculars


Mike was in the middle of a sentence(as usual) but the rest of us look so good in this picture, I had to post it.





The smells, sounds, and scenery that we experienced on our hike were beautiful. One of my favorite memories of it was that we each found our own "hiking stick", Kaylee even knocked down a tree with hers, roots and all:) It was turning out to be a fabulous "stay"cation so far!

4 comments:

D said...

What a fun week. I'm bet it was so nice to have Mike home all to yourself and the girls, and then on top of that for him to be done with all the trips up to Wyoming, I just want to scream yahoo for you because the school is done.
I love all the pictures, and the hike looks so much fun. We should plan a hike before is snow's. Love you and so happy you had such a fun 'stay'cation and a little weekend get-a-way.

Kristen Westbrook said...

Yeah! I am so glad you found my blog and now we can be blogger friends! Your family is so adorable!!! We need to get together more often then just Wednesdays and have some fun!!! See you in a couple days!!!

Shay said...

Awesome post, I wish so bad we lived closer, that is so something we would have done with you guys. I love Emry's hair by the way so cute.

Coil Fam said...

It was an awesome vacation! The school is amazing and I am so proud of Mike for working hard and producing a school that will have an impact on thousands of kids. The time with Emry and Amelia was so much fun. I loved watching them swim, having breakfast with them and hiking together. I will always cherish those times together.