Thursday, February 17, 2011

Reminiscing

February 14th 2002

Michael and I's first valentines day together.

We had been dating for almost a month and were madly in love.

The pressure was on for the perfect gift.

Being the way cool girlfriend I was, I came up with an idea that was sure to impress him.......a shirt with MY name on it.

I painted the words "Erin (hearts) ME" on a T-shirt and from the look on his face when he opened it up, it seemed that he couldn't believe that I could (or would) make him such an awesome shirt:)

My mom then proceeded to take this little photo shoot of us.....









I was telling this cheesy little story to the girls at the dinner table on valentines day when Micheal got up from the table.

He came back moments later wearing "the shirt".

I had no idea that he still had it (why hadn't he been wearing it all these years?:). I'm just joking, I thought it was the sweetest thing in the world!





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats so cute...your very creative! Thats so sweet that he kept it too! :)

korrock said...

that is so sweet that he held onto it for all these years!!!!!

Coil Fam said...

That is so corny and so romantic all at the same time. That tells me Michael is much more a romantic than I thought. He must truly love you to not only wear the shirt, but to have held onto it for years. Awesome post!

eve said...

i love the way you told this story! i was cracking up! so cute that he still has it & went and put it on!
(btw- miles kept kissing all the pictures of you while i was reading this.. i think he kind of likes you a lot)

eve said...

from miles:
yydgdhbgdgbd

Brian and Tonya said...

Aww so sweet. I think he's a keeper Erin :)

Shay said...

I love that story!!!!! You both look so young and cute, miss you so much.

Unknown said...

Oh how sweet! I remember those photos and that shirt and you guys were/still are so cute together. :)

Olsen Family said...

I can't believe I didn't think to get Nate a shirt like that this year!!

Adrienne said...

Erin,

I'm not sure you'll remember me but I'm Annie Chamberlin from WAY back in the day when you guys lived in Dodge City Kansas. I've been looking for you guys for forever! I'm so glad to see your family has increased! What beautiful children.

Adrienne said...

Erin,

I'm not sure you'll remember me but this is Annie Chamberlin from WAY back in the day when you and Mike lived in Dodge City Kansas! I've been looking for you guys for forever! I'm so glad to see your family has increased!